Friday, August 29, 2008

Denial

So I see that a lot of my friends are in denial with their addictions and everyone wants me to feel like I am the only one that has any. It's okay if you really feel good about yourselves being in denial! Ha ha J/K. Not only am I an addict, now you can put "MOM OF THE YEAR" on my record! Yesterday, I went to take payroll down to Sterling's workers in Provo and it was about 2:45 and I thought that I would be a good wife and get them all Slurpee's on a hot day... so I did and started home. I had to stop at the bank and it was 3:35 and all of the sudden I panicked... I was 10 minutes away from Lily's school and I just remembered that brook was walking home with a friend and probably forgot about Lily and Kaylie wasn't home. I had to sit there and wait for the teller to freaking get done and give me my money then I b-lined it to the school. I got there at 3:50 and Lily got out at 3:30... I went into her class, no one there... Hurried home, the doors were locked and no one there... I was frantically trying to find a phone to see if anyone called and of coarse, we have 4 cordless phones and could I find one, NO!!! So I started listening to messages and my neighbor girl called and said Lily was over there, oh my heck, I felt horrible! I went and got her and she said that Since brook didn't come and get her, she went to brooks class to find her and she wasn't there so she walked home by her self and when she got home there was no one there so she went to the neighbors and asked to play. WOW!!! You never know what a 5 year old will do in that kind of situation and I was so proud of her, that she took care of herself. They really are smarter than we think, I know I need to give my children more credit than I do!

3 comments:

Kiirst said...

Woman, you always can make me laugh! Not to make light of your panic situation with Lily though! Was I not home? Why didn't you call me? Did you and I didn't pick up? I'm a horrible friend. Hope you're having fun campin!

Kayla R. said...

I am glad she was safe but hello how many friends do you have to help you silly* next time don't hesitate:)

Tiff said...

Okay that made me so nervous just reading it - I have had that dream so many times where I forget to pick up my child - and it is always so scary! I was like 10 min late on Fri to get Krew and I was freaking out - but your right I don't give him enough credit he was fine just waiting for me!