Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Eternity

A few weeks ago Sterling and I had the opportunity to be sealed by proxy for my Great Grandparents Echo and David Pettit... What an experience! My Grandpa died about a year ago and Grandma died a few years ago...
Photobucket
Let me tell you their story... They married really young, I think grandma was 16 and they were so in love, had 4 children and were happy. When their second child Luana was 15, she was killed in a head on collision with a drunk driver. The family was never the same again, Grandpa became abusive and committed adultry and they divorced. Years later their Youngest son died of Aids. Grandpa remarried and became a better man, and grandma dated, but stayed single and sad and bitter for many years. I loved my grandma and all of the memories we had with her. She taught me to sew and to eat my veggies, she took us snail hunting and shopping all of the time. She was a wonderful Grandma and did the best she could with the life she was dealt. I look up to her in so many ways... She was that spunky, crazy, white witch, red head that you couldn't get enough of.
For years we have wanted to get them sealed together... My Grandma Carol, their first daughter was never sealed to her parents, so there was that missing link to our family chain. The time had finally come to do this and we happened to be the lucky ones to connect our family together. It was so amazing, when we were sealed, I felt this deep love inside me that I had never felt before and there is no doubt in my mind that Great Grandma and Grandpa still have that deep love for each other. Then we were sealed by proxy to my Grandma and she was finally linked to her Mom and Dad. I can't even begin to tell you how grateful I am for the miracles and blessings that come from this gospel and the love of God and my Savior, Jesus Christ. We are so very Blessed. I love you Grandpa and Grandma Pettit and Grandma and Grandpa Harding.
Photobucket
Of Coarse, we had to go get Molten Chocolate Cake and Diet Coke afterwards!

6 comments:

Ron and Cheryl Pierce said...

What a great thing to experience. I'm so happy for your family!

Misty said...

Grandma Echo was fun. I remember getting into her makeup and jewelry, and running for cover when the airplanes flew over her house. I would sometimes hide under her bed with a stash of her bling blings :).

i'm erin. said...

Wow what a great experience! Snail Hunting? (ewww...but cute to do with your grandma.)

Sara said...

Sealings are by far my favorite experiences in the temple. So happy for you all!

Keri said...

That's such a great experience...I'm glad you guys got the opportunity to do that for someone so close to you.

Kayla R. said...

What an amazing experience KEl!! LOVE YOU*